Top Ten Reasons To Wonder If You Are Right For The New Job:
10) You realize that those you will be managing actually know more than you do about your job–and they are all half your age.
9) You have acquired a deer-in-the-deadlights expression that is both unseemly and unlike you.
8) You find yourself facing a mountain of stuff to learn and can only concentrate on how to log off of your email.
7) You visit your old job “to pick up my last paycheck” and spend 45 minutes there in an effort to re-absorb the feeling of “familiar.”
6) You visit your old job and realize “you can’t go home again,” but damn, one hour back would sure feel nice.
5) You visit your old job and say a final and real goodbye to those you actually care about, and realize how much you will miss them.
4) You take it as a sign that the wind is blowing, the rain is pouring, and it all matches the storm of uncertainty brewing inside you.
3) You wonder if you are really good at interviewing, but horrible at follow-through.
2) You can’t coax a smile out of the pastry chef.
1) You cry for three hours after three days on the job.